Tin Shed Distilling Co. 20L Private Cask Offer
Do you like rare, unique or hard-to-get single malt whiskies?
Are you are a small business, or a whisky, wine, sports or social club… or just have a lot of friends who like a dram or two, then this could be for you. Every cask of single malt whisky is unique and it doesn’t get much more unique than your own, exclusive, private cask.
For the sum of $3,850 including GST and excise you can purchase 1 x 20 Litre Cask of Tin Shed Distilling Co Single Malt Whisky Spirit. Two years later, you can take possession of your SA Cooperage cask, valued at $440, and the spirit, now matured into whisky and given to you in a mix of 700ml and 200ml bottles with your own personalised label.
What you get
What you don't get
What we get
- 1 x 20L SA Cooperage whisky cask, port and sherry wood mix.
- The contents of the cask, after Angel’s Share, when aged for two years, bottled at cask strength for delivery (note: the quantity will vary from cask to cask but you can expect approx.
- 29 x 700ml bottled @ 46% or equivalent). 22 x 700ml bottles and 22 x 200ml bottles with closures and personalised labels.
- All excise and GST paid.
- A guarantee of quality, subject to the terms and conditions of 20 L cask Agreement.
- Insurance and storage costs paid, whilst in the Distillery’s control. The option to refill your cask.
- The option to put the whisky, or some of it, back into your cask for further maturation in your home or office.
- The ability to rebottle the whisky at different strengths as you see fit.
- A Certificate of Cask Ownership, 20L Cask Agreement and your nominated name on your cask.
- The opportunity, by appointment, to visit your cask.
- The benefit of the Distillery staffs’ knowledge and experience.
- Freight cost.
- A tap for your cask (they tend to get broken off and develop leaks).
- Use of the ‘Iniquity’ brand name.
- $3,850 per cask, on commencement of the 20L Cask Agreement.
- Liability for payment of GST and excise on your cask and contents.
- 1 x 30ml control sample.
Do I get to keep the actual cask?
Can I refill the cask?
What is the Angel's Share?
Will my whisky improve if left longer than two years in the cask?
Can I request my cask be left to mature longer than two years?
Can I have the spirit shipped to me in the cask?
Can I take the delivery of my cask sooner than two years of age?
Can I visit my cask while it is maturing?
Does the cask come with a stand?
Does the cask come with a tap??
Can I pay in instalments?
Can I have joint ownership with my family and friends?
Can I have either 700mL or all 200mL bottles?
Yes, we can repeat the offer.
Spirit loss due to evaporation and weeping through the timber of the cask. The rate varies from cask to cask and place to place. Expect between 10-15% p.a. loss.
Maybe, maybe not! We only guarantee that it will be good to drink at two years. Experience tells us that the optimum age for malt spirit in 20 litre oak casks is around 2-3 years, but every cask is different. That’s part of the fun and challenge of making whisky!
Yes, you can enter another agreement for storage at Tin Shed Distilling Co, but you might prefer to refill the cask at home from your bottles so you can keep a close eye on the whisky and experience it at different ages.
No, our licence requires us to deliver the whisky in bottles. Also casks are notorious for developing leaks in transit, so it would not be a good idea to use the cask as the shipping container.
No, the two years is a statutory period required before the spirit can be called whisky and gives us the opportunity to manage the maturation of your cask and guarantee the quality.
Yes, just call us first to arrange a time so we can get it out for you; it could be buried under other casks.
No, taps tend to be more trouble than they are worth. They can leak or get snapped off, which would be an expensive accident.
No, payment in full is required with your order.
You can share your cask with as many friends as you like, but the name on the cask is restricted to a maximum of 15-20 characters.
Yes, provided we have the stock we will accommodate your choice.
Register your interest
Once you have filled out this form, we'll send you a detailed info pack, agreement, and invoice. If you have any immediate questions or comments please leave them in the 'Message' section below, and we'll get back to you.